Monday, September 1, 2008

Brandi singing at church

Yesterday was a wonderful day at church. It always is, but yesterday was special because Brandi sang special music. She sang the song by Selah called "Wonderful Merciful Savior." It was absolutely beautiful. This was not her first time because she has been singing in church since she was 9 years old, but yesterday was different. A few months ago i prayed to the Lord and i asked Him if He would draw her ever more closely to Him. I prayed that she would have a desire on her own to know Him. Not just know about Him...but know Him. Well later that day as we were getting ready for dinner, here comes Brandi into the kitchen with her bible. She sat down and started reading! I didnt say anything, but inside i was soooo happy. Since then she has been reading her bible and at times she will come downstairs and ask questions about what she has read. I love watching as my daughter grows in the Lord. She is a teenager now so this is always on my heart. I know that the "world" is going to tug on her one way, but God has her by the hand. I told her yesterday as she was getting ready for church that today was going to be different when she sings. She wanted to know why. I said "because now you know who you are singing to. You have a relationship with the Lord and when you sing today, you will truly be singing to Him and for Him." I was so blessed to see my little girl up there singing for the Lord Most High. After church one of the elders approached me and he looked like he was going to cry and he said what a wonderful job she did. He said "dont get me wrong, i always enjoy hearing Brandi sing, but today was different. You could really see that she was feeling everything she was singing, and i really really enjoyed it."It just is such a beautiful thing to see your children grow up in the Lord, and actually what it is, is that He is growing up in them. I am so grateful to God for such a wonderful daughter. And i am grateful for what He is doing in her life already!

1 comment:

Jenn's Blog said...

How amazing it must be to see the Lord working in the life of your sweet blossoming little girl. I can't even imagine how happy that must make you!!:) We love you guys!!