Friday, October 10, 2008

Jake took a "sword" to school today

Well i just got back from taking Jake and Joey to school. And once again Jake has totally blessed my socks right off. Now please dont get me wrong, all of my kids are special and they all have their own unique ways about them, but I have to tell you about this morning. I have been telling myself that my next blog will be about Joey, but i gotta tell ya about this because it so touched my heart this morning. Well for the past couple of weeks when i go out to pray and read my bible, i have been asking the Lord if He would make Jacob be like a trumpet. That he would "sound off" and "loudly and boldly " for the Lord wherever he is at. Whether it be at school or football, etc. Well yesterday he saw a bible that Patrick keeps in his work truck, and he asks Patrick if he could have it. Patrick said yes but that Jake would have to take care of it. So Jake gets up this morning and gets hisself ready for school and gets the Bible patrick gave him last night. He said he was bringing it to school to read during lunch! I instantly thought about my recent prayers to the Lord. So as usual we were running late for school and as i pulled up out front, Jake and Joey hopped out and had to get into school fast before they were officially late for class. Jake was running up the walkway of the school intrance with his bookbag bouncing off of his back and his bible in his right hand! It was so adorable! Now mind you, this is public school! But anyways i thought i would share this with you. It totally blesses me to see a little child like Jake who already has a fire in his heart for the Lord. I can only imagine the plans God must have for this bold little soldier in the Lords army!

1 comment:

Jenn's Blog said...

I just love this story. He will be such a light for people!!