Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Does God pull stickas'?

Well today i wanted to write about something cute Johnny said yesterday. But let me start first by saying how proud i am of all of my kids. I am so thankful that they know the Lord. They know that Jesus loves them, and that He is always with them. They know He is to come first in their life and i have even told Brandi and Joey the ultimate. That if they are ever faced in thier life with having to make a decision about proclaiming thier faith or death, then they are to choose to proclaim thier faith. They are to stay to true to Jesus Christ no matter what the cost. They know that if they were ever put in that position that after choosing to stand true to their faith in Jesus, then in the twinkling of an eye they would be with Him forever. I believe in my heart we are in the last days. Truly we have been since Pauls' time until ours, but i mean that it is very possible that during our lifetime Jesus could come back to claim His Bride. So instilling in my children the deepest love, reverance and obedience to our Lord is a top priority of mine. So yesterday i was excited when Johnny my 4 year old started asking me questions about God. He asked me " Mommy can God lift the whole world?" I said "Yes." I cant remember all of his questions because there was several, but then he asked me " Can God do anything?" I said " He can do anything and everything He wants to do." Before i tell you the funny thing he said i have to give you some background. In Johnnys pre-k class they have a monthly calendar and everyday they get a sticker UNLESS they are bad, then they get their sticker pulled. That is the teachers way of letting parents know that they may have misbehaved. So anyways back to the questions. He then asked me" Mommy..... um does God pull stickas'!" I thought that was so cute! So i said "Well He doesnt pull stickers but He has ways of letting us know when we are wrong." I was so happy for his interest in the Lord. As innocent as it was, it was another opportunity to share with this little one in the Lords flock about our Shepards ways.

No comments: